Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ahhh :)

Hello, all of you wonderful people.  This weekend is one that I look forward to every six months, conference weekend.  I just finished the Saturday sessions and am looking forward to Sundays.  During conference today I decided I would clean my house, you know what? when a my house is clean it is a home.  You can do whatever you want.  You don't have the thought of the sink full of dishes looming over your head.  You can just relax and enjoy the rest of your day. 

I was sitting in my TV room after conference and began to worry about things I have no control over and then it hit me.  Why do us women worry about the tiny little things in life?  Like for instance, your texting your (hope to soon be boyfriend) and he just stops texting with no reply or explanation to why.  So, me being a girl I start to worry about why he didn't answer back.  So many other things us women worry so much about.. but why do we? It drives me crazy sometimes.  I wish during those times that I could just turn off my worry and take a deep breath and think rationally.  But why do we need to nit pick at things?  Why do we need to always know how our relationship is going?  When men just go with the flow and if things change they tell us.

But I am also very glad to a woman because of all the other things we can do that men can't.  I was watching a show that was testing the myth that women can take pain better then men.  I am happy to say that it was true that women can tolerate pain longer then men.  I love that we can create life and help bring it into the world.  We have so much power in our hands if we only know how to use it we could in a small way rule the world.  I have this little saying on my wall that says" I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara I could save the world"  It makes me smile when I see it.  We need to keep our hopes high and always have a project your working on or towards.  Keep reminders around your house that can help you remember.  If you have goal to remodel your home keep a jar for any loose change you may have from day to day.  Save for those things that you want.  Even if it is fifty cents a day it is a visual way of seeing progress.  I love the movie UP and how they had a large jar to put their change in.  It is a way to see that even though you may only have five dollars of change in the jar you are closer then you were when it was empty.

 Now it is something totally different when it comes to wanting a relationship or something else you cannot save for or count down to.  In those times you need to still keep the reminders that you want those things to come to pass.  Now, me being single do want to get married.  So what I do? I do things like instead of sleeping in the middle of my double bed I sleep on the side and instead of using my other closet I keep it empty.  I make room for the man in my life to move into.  Now, I don't set a place for him during dinner and talk to my self, that is going a bit too far.  I just make room for him in my life.

Ugh, I am sorry this must be boring to read.  But it helps me to get my mind off of things. I don't care if no one is reading this it just makes me happy.

No comments: